One of the local TV stations just finished running a Top 50 countdown of the best Simpsons episodes ever. They had Homer's Religion at #2 and the Dental Plan at #1. Those are great episodes, but I wouldn't have put them at 1 and 2. They made some other very questionable choices, like putting the Spring Break episode way back in the 40s.
My top episodes would look like this:
8. The Swimming Pool ("See, your epidermis means your hair, so technically, it's true.")
7. The Lemon Tree ("Run faster boy! He's got a taste for meat now!")
6. Homer Goes on Disability ("Stupid bird! I never should have left you in charge!")
5. Dental Plan ("See here Mr. Burns, I don't go in for these backdoor shenanigans.")
4. Lisa's Beach Vacation ("SWEET MERCIFUL CRAP! My CAR!")
3. Homer's Religion ("If I'm wrong, I'll recant on my deathbed.")
2. Bart's Soul ("Milhouse give him his soul back! I've got work tomorrow!")
1. Bart's Spring Break ("No, Principal Skinner, Bart's never been to Thailand.")
#1 and #2 is a really close call, because the Spring Break episode probably has more laughs, but Bart's Soul is the only Simpsons episode that is also beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment